Drawing upon a 20 plus year career in the investment, trust and
insurance industries at distinguished institutions like Merrill Lynch, Bank
of Bermuda, MeesPierson (Fortis), Oceanic Bank and Trust and
Lighthouse Capital Insurance Company Ltd., I am very pleased to
announce the formation of: Mid-Ocean Consulting Ltd. – “M-O”.
M-O works with institutions (mainly private banks, trust companies and
insurance companies) as well as private clients and their attorneys. The
focus will be on tax efficient and compliant structuring and advising
mainly North and South American clients in this context. M-O actively
suggests planning options for individual clients that other providers
implement, with or without M-O’s ongoing supervision.
M-O also bridges the gap between what most institutional trustees currently offer,
and perhaps more importantly, what they do not offer.
Services offered include:
- New international structure creation (in the main; companies, trusts, foundations, partnerships, LLC/LDCs)
- Jurisdiction choice analysis and guidance
- Service provider (e.g. banks, custodians, money managers, legal advisors, etc.) advice
- Directorships on passive and active companies (including private trust companies)
- Provision of Protector for domestic and international trusts
- Review and comment of existing offshore trust and company structures
- Analysis of investment portfolio strategy and performance
And in the insurance context:
- Advice on and establishment of, international and domestic insurance and annuity contracts
- Review and analysis of existing policies and contracts
- Review and analysis of prospective policies and illustrations
- International policy brokerage
Overall, with over 20 years industry experience, M-O and its principal offer highly sophisticated services that provide significant added value.